Today we will see “How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server”. There are many ways to do this. we will Enable it through Server Manager. The .NET Framework is a proprietary software framework developed by Microsoft that runs primarily on Microsoft Windows. It was the predominant implementation of the Common Language Infrastructure until being superseded by the cross-platform .NET project. if you are not sure that Framework 3.5 is on your server or not, then you can check this through Powershell or the Server Manager console.
Install .NET Framework with Server Manager
- For this, we need to start Server Manager.
- In the windows search bar type Server manager and click enter.
- Now click on the Manage button.
- After this go to Add Roles and Features in the menu to start the wizard.
- Now click the Next button until the Features window comes.
- Check the checkbox .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0). Click Next.
- Click Install to confirm the installation.
- let’s wait for installing process it will take a bit of time.
- After this click the Close button.
- let’s check, Open Powershell as Administrator.
- Press the Windows key and type Powershell.
- After this select windows PowerShell and Now choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Now Run this Command –
Get-WindowsFeature -Name "NET-Framework-Core"
- After this press Enter.
- The result will appear in PowerShell Console.
- Now you have .NET Framework on your Server