How to Install Hyper-V with Server Manager
In this article, we will discuss about “How to Install Hyper-V with Server Manager”. Remote Desktop Protocol is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to another computer over a network connection. The user employs RDP client software for this purpose, while the other computer must run RDP server software.
What is Hyper-V?
Microsoft Hyper-V, codenamed Viridian, and briefly known before its release as Windows Server Virtualization, is a native hypervisor; it can create virtual machines on x86-64 systems running Windows.
To install and activate Hyper-V for your Server, proceed as follows –
- First Connect your windows Server with your Credentials.
- Now press the windows key and click on the Server Manager option.
- After this click Add Roles and Features on the Manage menu.
- Now click on Next Three times to go Server Options window.
- After this On the Select Server Roles page, select the Hyper -V Option.
- Click Add Features to add the tools you use to create and manage virtual machines. On the Features page, click Next.
- On the Confirm Installation Selections page, select Automatically restart target server if necessary, and then click Install.
- After the installation is complete, Check again. Open the All Servers page in Server Manager and select a server on which you have Hyper-V installed. Review the Roles and Features tile on the page for the selected server.